Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Sick Boy & A Dirty Sink

Sloan and I were on our way back from a morning appointment when I checked my voicemail. The dreaded call from daycare. We'd hoped the sickness was over and we could get away with sending Zachary to school, after all he didn't have a fever. But there's no way to disguise vomit...we were caught. After picking him up and a quick stop by the grocery store for the makings of the B.R.A.T. (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet, we were home. Zachary managed to eat a little and quickly surrendered to a nap.


I used this time to catch up on some blog reading when I came across the Fly Lady. As I came across her baby steps, I knew I could handle this guide to cleaning. Day 1, what a great place to start. Shine my sink??? Okay...


What I would have ordinarily considered a "clean enough" sink:



My sink now (I only did one side so far):



And while my sink was enjoying it's soak, I whipped up this:


When the sink cleaning instructions called for bleach, I was reminded of my sad excuse for an apron. Since our budget didn't involve a shopping trip, I got resourceful, I used up leftover material from a quilt I made for my mother-in-law. It's nothing fancy...but it's a lot better than my old one.

2 comments:

24/7 MOMS said...

Love your blog and thanks for posting 24/7 MOMS blog as a one of your frugal blogs.

Trisha Novotny

Nicole said...

I love the apron. I want to make one, but never seem to find the time to haul out the sewing machine. Yours is very cute...I will have to get on the ball.

Nicole @ Paiges' Place